Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations
S2E23 - How To Shake The Shame of Being You: Culture, Bias & Beyond (with Kiran Bassi)
Kiran Bassi joins Lolita Walker in this episode to talk vulnerability in the workplace, shame, ethnic and corporate culture, owning your story and everything in between. What if you found the courage to tell your manager that you were uncomfortable in a particular workplace situations and their first question was, What did you do? Think about this even in your personal life!
Does the weight of shame overtake you? Do you retreat and begin to question yourself? Some of us will never know until it happens to us. Others of us have been here and wonder what we could have done differently. In this episode, Kiran is telling her story, the pain, shame, conflicts within her ethnic culture, the irony of the corporate culture, owning her truth and using it to help others share their stories.
Come and grab a seat around the kitchen table. Here's the run down:
- Welcome: 0.18 min
- A Bit About Kiran Bassi: 1:31 min
- Sponsor Ad & Promo Code: Pure Elegance (text "kitchen table" to 530.763.3648 and site - https://bit.ly/youdeserveyou )
- Coaching: (3:56 min) Lolita gifts 5 considerations to shake the S.H.A.M.E. of being you
- Cocktails: A cheers to AliRyan08, who left a 5-star review, a cheers to each of you who continue to support this podcast and share the nuggets with others aboard your train.
- Conversations: (13:08) We delve deep with Kiran, as she tells her story of her being sexually harrassed at a corporate job. We talk bullying, mental health shame, resilience and giving yourself permission to process and even how to write, talk and think differently so that you may shake the shame that is threatening to overtake you.
Don't forget to connect
- Coaching, Cocktails, Conversations (Clubhouse each Saturday at 12noon EST, Zoom Cast every other Wednesday, Podcast on alternating every other Wednesday
- TEDx: https://bit.ly/LolitaTakesTedx
- Website, speaking, coaching, shop: https://www.lolitawalker.com
Brought to you by Lolita E. Walker of Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations