Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations
S2E28 -I am the Master of My Fate. I am The Captain of My Soul. (with Dr. Khalek Kirkland)
What a powerful episoode! Dr. Khalek Kirkland, Principal of THE Boys Prep in the Bronx, NY, is ON FIRE, as he talks everything from the power of connection to several ways to tap into our Black and Brown boy scholars differently and intently within the educational arena.
During conversations, we delve into how to humble thyself to live another day, respecting your mother, setting expectations and holding yourself accountable, with ownership and courage by your side. He shares The SARAH Model of receiving constructive feedback and I share 4 considerations of how to master your F.A.T.E. You don't want to miss it!
The title of today's episode is a quote pulled from the poem, Invictus, by William Earnest Henley, written in 1875, where, after a leg amputation and many surgery interventions on the other, he wrote this powerful piece on navigating adversity and coming out on the other side, despite the darkness that you may or may not experience within your circumstance.
- 03:34 - An overview of our guest, Dr. Khalek Kirkland
- 1:18 - Welcome to Coaching, Cocktails & Conversations
- 1:45 - Affirmation (https://www.lolitawalker.com/shop), however this week taken from "Invictus." I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
- 2:30 - Podcast Lineup
- 3:11 - Coaching and Soul Work
- 9:38 - Cocktails to celebrate you
- 11:52 - Conversations with Dr. Kirkland
- 46:18 - Thank You
- Dr. Kirklands School - https://www.publicprep.org/our-schools/boysprep
- Invictus Poem - https://www.publicprep.org/our-schools/boysprep
- Lolita's TEDx Talk - https://bit.ly/LolitaTakesTedx
- Coaching, Cocktails & Conversations Zoom Cast - RSVP at https://www.lolitawalker.com
- Coaching, Cocktails & Conversations on Clubhouse App - search the title on the app - would love to have you
- Coaching, Courses, Keynote Speaking - https://www.lolitawalker.com
Brought to you by Lolita E. Walker of Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations