Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations
S2E26 - Dear Meghan Markle: A Thank You to the Women Everywhere Standing in Their Power (with Lolita E. Walker)
"Dear Meghan" is not only the title of my powerful poem that I share at minute 15.59, but it is also a celebration of one of the Power Women that I am calling out as a woman making history as we speak, specifically for walking into fear with courage by her side. How often do we struggle to do that?
Lemmie ask you this. How often do you truly pause and "see" those around you for who they are and what they are bringing to the table? How often do you acknowledge the hurt that you and others may be holding on to? How often do we gift folks the flowers they deserve in this moment?
This episode is a celebration and thank you to the women everywhere who are making history and standing in all of their power. Listen in and grab a few things to shift differently.
In this episode, you'll grab a bit of COACHING, where I gift you 5 considerations to climb out of the B.O.X.E.S. that we are oftentimes place ourselves within, particularly as women, either by choice or by societal norms of expectations that threaten to bound us to the complacency of moments past.
Whether Power Women like Cori Bush, Gitanjili Rao, Stacy Abrams, Kamala Harris or YOUSELF, here is a reminder that you are greatness where you stand in this very moment. If you know a power woman to send this episode to for motivation, inspiration, affirmation and renewed action, please do not hesitate.
You leave with the affirmation that you are making history today so make it count.
The Episode Rundown
- Welcome (minute 0.14)
- Affirmation from lolitawalker.com/shop (minute 0.42) is "I am the history that is currently being made."
- Podcast Breakdown (minute 1.12)
- COACHING (Minute 2.12)
- Soul Work (minute 6.33), where I gift you 5 considerations
- COCKTAILS (minute 10.49), with a special shout out to Guernsey, our newest location with listeners of the podcast and to Stacy Luckett, the latest 5-star reviewer of the podcast. CHEERS!
- CONVERSATIONS (minute 14:00), where I begin my original poem, titled, Dear Meghan, to express the emotions that I had during the Oprah Winfrey interview with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.
I'd love to hear your thoughts
Helpful Links from the Episode
- 40-deck card of affirmations - https://www.lolitawalker.com/shop
- People Magazine article celebrating women making history - https://people.com/human-interest/womens-history-month-women-making-history-2021/
- My upcoming 2nd book - wil soon be uploaded for pre-orders at https://www.lolitawalker.com
- The Intersection of You & Change, my first book - https://www.lolitawalker.com/the-book
Brought to you by Lolita E. Walker of Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations