Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations
S1E12 - How Adversity Can Help Find Your Purpose (with Chef Keesha O'Galdez)
Chef Keesha O'Galdez shares how adversity helped find her purpose. When two Simmons Graduate School of Management grads get together, we have some good ole-fashioned conversations. Today, we are having a bit of fun and leaving you with a few nuggets and experiences that you may be able to relate to. From losing a job to moving to a new city, to hearbreak, then leaping into your purpose, we talk it all! There's even an aha that stuck out, as I travelled down memory lane, to my Simmons days. It had me giving a shout out to Dr. Stacy Blake-Beard, whose leadership course helped me find aspects of my inner voice that were simply waiting to be unleashed.
You wouldn't know it now, but Chef Keesha didn't initially know that gifting people joy through her cooking was her purpose. It was through adversity that she discovered that .. this is it! The thing is .... most of us are no different. Have you conqured adversity in your life? Hmmmmm. I am sure the answer is absolutely. If I were to ask you how you define purpose, what would you say? Do you believe that you have discovered YOUR purpose? It’s not uncommon for the answer to the latter question to be "not really." Just know that you are not alone. On this episode, I’ll share four considerations when traveling your path that may be plagued with adversity, we'll have a few laughs & celebrate a few wins!
The affirmation, from Walker & Walker Enterprises, that kicks off this episode is " I am choiceful in creating the footprints on my journey." We will challenge that today. You can grab your 40-card affirmation deck at https://www.lolitawalker.com/shop.
We start our intro (minute 1:14) and hear from our sponsor, Southern Elegance Candle Company (with a special promo code specifically for listeners of the Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations podcast (minute 4:38). We quickly jump into our first layer of coaching (minute 5:42), where I gift you soul work that takes you on a path of adversity with breadcrumbs and a light hahah #imaginethat. We, then, celebrate cocktails (minute 18:27) with chers to you and all of your greatness! And finally we end with a great conversations (minute 23:14) with Chef Keesha and I, who then drop some fire nuggets for you to walk away with.
Our episode sponsor is The Southern Elegance Company (https://www.secandleco.com) and they are gifting us a 20% off discount by using the code "kitchentable" at checkout for a single purchase. It's a perfect time to grab your candles for the holidays!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Our episode sponsor, Southern Elegance Candle Company - https://www.secandleco.com with our special CC&C promo code "kitchentable" for 20% savings on a single use.
- Coaching with Lolita - https://www.lolitawalker.com/coaching
- Getting in Touch with Chef Keesha O'Galdez - Follow on IG https://www.instagram.com/gourmetdiva/ for amazing classes, recipies, and culinary education & expertise and Learn More https://www.thegourmetdiva.com/about
- Women's Weekend Renewal Retreat - https://www.lolitawalker.com/retreats . I'd love to host you on October 3-4. Register today!
- Leave a review! I love awesome 5-star notifications - Apple, Spotify, Podcasher, & Podpage (for voice review) - https://podcast.lolitawalker.com . You can listen on all other podcast platforms, including IHeart Radio
Other links worth listing:
- My TEDx talk - https://bit.ly/LolitaTakesTedx - on how to sit in your momentary interruptions and shift to the best version of yourself
- CC&C Zoomcast. You are invited to attend the every other Wednesday, Women-only zoomcast - https://walkernwalkerchange.as.me/schedule.php?appointmentType=category%3ACoaching%2C+Cocktails%2C+%26+Conversations%3A++ZoomCast+%26+PodCast
- My Book, The Intersection of You & Change - https://www.lolitawalker.com/the-book
- PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A GLOWING REVIEW! WE WANT TO GROW ORGANICALLY AND SHARE WHAT WE ARE TAKING AWAY WITH THE WORLD! WE ARE IN 15 COUNTRIES YALLLLLLL
Brought to you by Lolita E. Walker of Coaching, Cocktails, & Conversations